Saturday, June 11, 2016

Bus Trip Day 5

Bonjour tout le monde!
5th Day Bus Tour 
June 10, 2016
Today was the last day of our bus tour which is crazy! I cannot believe this week has already gone by so fast. The day started out in Blois, where we stayed the night before. We went to the château in Blois, and we had a tour guide that led us around the castle. 
The outside of the château de Blois
It was interesting to learn about the castle and I swear that François II built and lived in so many different castles here in the Loire Valley. At the end we got to sit in a throne so that was pretty fun to take pictures in.
The throne in château de Blois
After a short bus ride we made it to the gorgeous Château Chambord, also known as the Beauty and the Beast castle. This castle was definitely the most gorgeous castle here in the Loire valley. I was able to get a nice Panini outside and walk around the grounds. There was also a horse and bird show and if I wasn’t a poor college student I definitely would’ve gone. 
Walking around the grounds in front of the Château Chambord
We were able to have a tour on the inside, but for once I really didn’t want to have a tour guide. His English was very broken and we were only able to see a very small portion of the castle but it still took a very long time. This castle was absolutely gorgeous though. The inside wasn’t as pretty as Versailles, but it was different than all of the other castles that I’ve been into so that was nice.
Photo Op in front of the château Chambord
After we had a four-hour bus ride back to Paris. We said goodbye to our bus driver, who was the coolest guy, and hung out in our hotel on the outskirts of Paris. I celebrated my friend’s birthday with some delicious Mcdonalds and I did some dance camp counselor training by skyping into Provo. Tomorrow morning I’m off to Nice!
À Bientôt,

Claire Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment