Thursday, June 2, 2016

Jours 35-37

Bonjour tout le monde!
Jours 35-37
May 30-June 1
I cannot believe that it is my last week here in Paris. These past six weeks have gone by so fast and I am so sad to realize that it is almost over. And, of course, it is raining every single day this week. Perfect way to end my trip here in Paris. My professor told me that this is the most it has rained in May since 1872. Also, on Monday, it rained more in that day than the average rain for a month in Paris. Needless to say, life here is pretty cold. Also, the Seine is kind of overflowing, which is absolutely insane.
When the boats are level with the bridge
 It’s also kind of sad because our class cruise for Wednesday was cancelled because boats cannot get under the bridges. I finished my last walk for my class last week, so this week was completely devoted to going back to all of the things that I wanted to do. The list that my friends and I decided that we need to do before we go is:
-The Louvre (because it was amazing and we only went to a little bit of it)
-The Musée D’orsay (for the same reason)
-The Musée Carnavalet (it was closed when I went, I was able to go again last week)
-The Musée du Moyen Age (It was closed)
-The Palais Garnier (it was amazing, and I get to go again for Giselle)
-The Jardin de Luxembourg (with delicious gelato of course)
-The Rue de Rosiers (for all of the falafels)
-Magnum (the ice cream bars are just so pretty)
-The Eiffel tower (I have seen the lights so many times, but I have yet to go up)
-Eurodisney (because why not)
-Angelina’s (was able to go again for my birthday)
-And for me, I wanted to my run again along the Seine with the Parc des Impressionistes
So needless to say, we had a lot of stuff to do. And what did we end up doing on Monday? We watched x-men. However, it was absolutely pouring so I didn’t feel to bad. Also, it was only 5 euros and you just can’t beat that. Also, we got some delicious falafels so we were able to mark that off our list.
On Tuesday we didn’t have class because we had a take-home test to do. In the morning I went into Paris and had hot chocolate with a friend I met at my host sister’s soirée. It was really fun to just sit there and talk, because he spoke English the whole time because he wanted to practice, and I spoke French the whole time because I wanted to practice. However, we were able to understand everything each other said which was awesome. Then in the afternoon I went over to the Musée D’orsay again. 
Inside the Musée d'Orsay with Stephanie
This is definitely my favorite museum in Paris. We were able to go into a couple exhibits they had going on, like Le Douanier Rousseau, and then we spent most of our time up at the Impressionist floor. I was so excited because I was able to see some of Degas paintings with the dancers. 
One of Degas' paintings
After, Stephanie and I got lunch at this super cute café right next to the huge clock which was really fun. After, I just went home, studied and started the test. Also, I was able to watch a French movie about Asterix and Obélisk. The movie was based off of the French comics, and it was really funny but a little hard to understand, even with the French subtitles.
On Wednesday, after class Stephanie, Melissa and I went to get Magnum bars. They were so delicious, and so incredibly pretty.
The beautiful Magnum bar
 After, we decided to go over to the Louvre. We might have accidentally cut everyone in the security in the line and went to the front. We were able to get in for free, YAY arts card, and we saw the ancient Egyptian portion of the museum, as well as the ancient African, Oceanic, Polynesian section. The last section was incredibly hard to get to and find, it was a little ridiculous. 
Being super touristy at the Louvre
That night I came back, and went on my run down to the parc des impressionistes and along the seine. This is my favorite run ever and I’m sad I won't have the opportunity to do it anymore. 
In the Parc des Impressionistes
I finished my test, and then to reward myself I decided to watch Phantom of the Opera to get prepared for Giselle which is taking place at the opera house the story is based off of. I seriously forgot how amazing this movie is, and I am so excited for Giselle!
À BIentôt,

Claire Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment