Thursday, June 2, 2016

Promenade #21: Get Lost! The "Anti-Walk" Walk

Bonjour tout le monde!
Anti-Walk
June 2, 2016
Today I did the "Anti-Walk," or the Get Lost walk. I actually really enjoyed this walk, and I was able to explore some places in Paris that I hadn’t already been to before. The walk started at the Musée Cluny, a museum that I went back to because it was closed last time. I simply chose a direction and started walking down one of the hundreds of the picturesque Parisian streets. This walk mainly took place near the Seine in the 4th Arrondisment, and in the île St. Louis.
One of the many picturesque streets I went down
I passed by a cute park, and then another church I had yet to visit. I saw a statue of Mihai Eminescu, a major romantic Romanian poet. After, I continued to wonder the streets. I saw another very pretty church and then found that I was back at the Seine.
Cute Little Park
Statue of Mihai Eminescu

It is crazy how much rain Paris has been having, and you can see the affects of it in the Seine. Boats are now unable to cross under the bridge and the walkways along the Seine are completely flooded. It was funny too see everyone stop to take a picture of it.
The Seine overflowing
I then crossed the bridge between mainland paris and île St. Louis, and in the distance I could see an interesting statue of what looked to be a Saint holding a child, but it was a little hard to see in the picture. I went into the île St. Louis and walk around and through the whole little island in the middle of the Seine. Finally, I walked through I think the smallest road I have ever been in, and I ended up at the Hôtel de Ville.
The Tiny street I walked through
I quite enjoyed just being able to walk aimlessly through Paris, but it would’ve been nice to know more about the history of what I was looking at.
À bientôt,

Claire Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment