Friday, May 6, 2016

Jours 10-15



Bonjour tout le monde!
Jours 10-15
May 2-May 6
I cannot believe that I have already been here for two weeks, who knew that time would fly by so fast. I would like to apologize, I will not have as many pictures for these days because I broke my phone, surprise surprise.
On Sunday church was good. I didn’t understand as much as last week but we had a different teacher that was more difficult to understand. There was another group of BYU students there so we were able to go with them to Notre-Dame and I got to walk along the Seine.
 
A lock bridge along the Seine
Monday was wonderful. My friends and I did walk number 3, which lead us to the Jardin de Luxembourg, my favorite place to relax in Paris. We had delicious gelatos and relaxed there for the whole afternoon. For dinner I had rabbit, which was actually delicious.
 
Another picture of the Jardin de Luxembourg
Tuesday was probably my worst day in Paris (but it was still amazing because Paris). I did two walks today, which was a lot to fit in. However, inbetween my friends and I bought chips and salsa and ate it in the Jardin des Tuileries which was perfect.
 
The main path in the Jardin des Tuileries
 After the walks I sat in the Apple store trying to communicate with workers to get my phone fixed. They told me to come back in an hour and it would be fixed, but since my friend had fixed it a couple months ago apple couldn’t fix it. Therefore, my whole afternoon/early evening was wasted in the Apple store. Luckily, or not so luckily, I had a friend who was also having phone troubles who kept me company. There was also a girl in our group that got her wallet stolen, so comparatively my day wasn’t bad at all. I also had sheep for dinner with my host family tonight. There are many adventures here in France with food.
Wednesday was a much better day. I went on walk #12 which was very nice, and then we went back to the Jardin de Luxembourg and got some more Geltao because it was so amazing the first time and just took a nap. I then went into another phone replacement store and voila they had my phone fixed in under an hour, it was amazing!
 
The delicious and cute gelato
Thursday was a national holiday here in France, Ascension Day, so no classes. I slept in and then went on a run to the local château here in our suburb of Paris. It had the most beautiful park in front of it too that we ran around in.
Park in front of the Château Malmaison

 After, Melissa and I went into Paris and climbed the Arc de Triomphe, walked down the Champs-Élysées, walked to the Eiffel Tower, and sat in front of the Eiffel tower waiting for the light show. It was an amazing day and wonderful not to have any classes.
View from the Arc de Triomphe
Eiffel tower at night
Today Melissa and I woke up at 7:30 to get a tour of the Louvre. I love having a tour guide while walking around museums and being able to understand so much more about the paintings and sculptures. We got to see the most famous parts of the Louvre including the Venus di Milo and of course the Mona Lisa. 
Venus de Milo
La Jaconde (Obviously the Mona Lisa)
Also, when looking at the ruins of the medieval castle that used to be where the Louvre was I ran into my family friend from back home, small world! The tour was about two hours and at the end the tour guide said “Well know you might have seen about 10% of the Louvre.” I am so excited to go back and to be able to explore it more. Paris here is amazing, I am loving life and almost starting to understand what my host family is saying when they are talking to each other, but not really.
À Bientôt,

Claire Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment