Sunday, May 15, 2016

Jours 22-24

Jours 22-24
May 13-May 15

Bonjour tout le monde!
These past couple days have been so wonderful! On Friday (May 13) we did walk number #4 which was a lot of museums over in the Marais neighborhood of paris. While on our walk we stopped at Magnum Paris and were able to make our own ice cream cones which were so beautiful! I have to go back again.
I apologize for the snapchat picture but it is the only one I had
After, Melissa and I headed back to our house. I tried to study for this test I have take this weekend, but that didn’t work out too well. Melissa got lost on her run which was scary but she was able to make it back okay. On Friday night we went to Cassandre’s friend’s house and he was hosting a “soirée.” French people have soirées on the weekly (often more than that), and they are just essentially normal French parties but Frenchified. That is to say, they often have themes (for example my host mom and dad went to an all white French party), they get dressed up (which means a cute outfit, but heels for all the girls because France) and they are planned quite far in advance. However, it is not usually a very big party, and is usually just with close friends. So after that summary, it seems I just described a normal party. Anyways, it was a ton of fun! We had crêpes and delicious pizza with different types of French cheese. Melissa and I had delicious non-alcoholic cocktails made for us and we talked and danced the night away. The French are so funny because speaking English and anything American is super cool. All of the music was in English, and all of them tried to speak to us in English because it was the “cool” thing to do. We did have to leave a little early to be ready for Fontainebleau on Saturday.
Inside the beautiful castle of Fontainbleau
Fontainbleau was absolutely amazing! It took a while to get there, but it was all worth it. I especially loved the garden and my friends and I took a ridiculous amount of pictures in it. We also decided we will return on a different day because you can get there on the RER R which leaves from a train station in Paris. You can read all about Fontainebleau in my other post about it.
Out in the gardens

On Sunday I went to church again and we actually made it early enough to sit in the French section. It’s also fun because we’ve made friends with some of the other young adults here. The rest of my Sunday consisted of studying for my French midterm that I have coming up, super fun I know.
À bientôt,
Claire Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment