Sunday, May 1, 2016

Jours 8-9

Bonjour tout le monde!
Jours 8-9
April 30-May 1
Hello again! Everyday that I am here I fall even more in love with this city. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be on this study abroad. Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the Palais Garnier, also known as the Opéra National de Paris. This is probably one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever been to. It was the opera house that Phantom of the Opera was based on, they even have a box for him.
The first thing you see when you start the tour
The most beautiful room of the Opera House















I was able to get in for free (thank you arts card) and got an audio tour too. I learned all about the beautiful grand staircase, the auditorium, the sun room, the glace room and the avant foyer. This building is insane with all of its statues, rooms and the eight levels of basement it has with the lake at the bottom (just like the movie!). Words cannot describe the experience I had going through it.
The top part of the Grand Staircase
One of the halls in the Opera 

I also went to go see Civil War on Saturday night, don't worry I won't spoil it for any of you people in America who can't see it yet, but it was amazing!! 

Sunday I went to church again and there was another group of BYU students on their study abroad and we went to the Notre Dame. It was actually WARM outside today it was incredibly beautiful. I loved just being able to walk along the Seine, watch street performers and take in the beautiful view. This city is amazing!

À Bientôt,

Claire Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment