Friday, May 6, 2016

Promenade #12: Time Travel, Tricks and Treats around Saint-Sulpice

Bonjour tout le monde!
Wednesday, May 4
Today I did walk number 12, a relaxing walk around the beautiful church Saint-Sulpice. The walk started in front of the Hôtel Lutetia, a very nice hotel where Picasso once stayed. However, it was under construction so I didn’t get to see the full grandeur of it all.
I walked along a few more roads and passed a statue of a centaur sculpted in 1985.
Centaur made in 1985
I then made it to the beautiful fountain in front of the church Saint-Sulpice. I will always be amazed by how many fountains, churches and gardens there are in Paris. I also stopped at this very fancy patisserie that looked delicious.
Fancy Patisseries
Fountain in Front of the church Saint-Sulpice
I went inside the church and admired the beautiful architecture on the inside. I also saw the Saint-Sulpice gnomon, a supposed ancient vestige of pagan roots where the church was built on. This church is the second largest church in Paris, right behind the Notre-Dame.

Gnomon at Saint-Sulpice
Inside the Church St-Sulpice
I stopped by many cute shops and stores and walked by the Abbaye Saint-Germain which had a little garden next to it. This walk was very nice and my friends and I just leisurely took our time throughout it all.
Abbaye Saint-Germain

À Bientôt,
Claire Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment